Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Here I sit broken hearted...



WHAT an ordeal this mess with my Phx home has been.  I can't begin to explain the frustrations, false starts, various people I have dealt with, explaining over and over, costs associated, and 10 months later... I still don't have a home to live in.

I'm a very patient guy, ask anyone that knows me.  I was a patient machinist apprentice in my younger days, a patient Chief Instructor for the Canada Safety Council operating the National Motorcycle Training program, had not only my own MC shop but ultimately three outlets.  Patient with a former wife that was serially promiscuous, money problems at times and of course... patient as a father to two now in their mid 30's daughters.

I miss this.  Prepped and ready for a day of adventure.


Patience could be my middle name!

This ordeal with my Southern home has beat me up more than riding two hundred laps on a MX track!

I do my best to stay on an even keel regardless of the obstacles life puts into my path.  Today, as I sit in my Phx hotel room wondering if there will be any progress on my home, I watch tv, feed the local feral cats and hope that before I head home I can leave on an up note.


ON another note... it's a very nice December day, temperature will be in the mid 20's (70's F) and I'll soon pop out on my scooter and have a visit with my stalwart friend, Judy.  I'll be stopping off somewhere for my 'healthy' fast food outlet dinner.  This isn't is bad as it sounds.  Here in the US of A the choices for fast food are infinite. Back home especially on the Island, there are a few of the typical places.  Burgers, coffee shops, but it is a small Island.  Choices are limited. 

From my hotel door to my home and back is a distance of maybe 9 miles round trip.  I wouldn't be fibbing if I guesstimated perhaps 200 eating places within that radius. There's McD's, Burger Kings, Subway's, of course, then the waffle places, the taco places, the pancake places, the Sushi places, the coffee places. 

Besides that, there are hundreds of independent restaurants. Lots of  Mexican, Italian, Greek, and then there's the Golden Corral!



I feel like I'm putting on weight!  It's not so much the burgers and tacos and pop... none of which help but I come down south so I can ride my XT!  How can riding a MC be an exercise you ask, after all there isn't much exercise riding your Fat Boy to the Bar and Grill.  For decades I have ridden off road ans I still enjoy it. 

On a typical day I'll fuel up in Phx then head out of town.  Maybe to the Castle Hot Springs road, maybe Crown King or the New River canyon.  I could be riding up the Senator highway to Prescott. On these trips I am standing on the foot pegs more much of the day.  Twisting, dodging dry washes, sand, rocks, climbing, descending thousands of feet.



By the time I am heading 'home' I may have covered a 100-150 miles without seeing another human being, up and over mountains, deep in valleys, and when the 350 engine stops... I am exhausted mentally and physically.  That, to me is the best exercize I do.  Sure walking to Irishtown road with my wife is good exercise but there is nothing that I do that works my body (and mind) more than riding a trail bike.

Beautiful scenery


Period.

Sitting here in the hotel, is not doing me any good.

I'm heading home in a week. 

At some point the repairs on my place will be completed and I can put this years ordeal behind me.

All my possessions in the POD










I'll get back to eating normally and during the winter I'll be getting exercise clearing snow, keeping vehicles running, perhaps walking the track at C.O.P. and using the staircase (the real stair-master)  to keep in shape. 




At least I can do a little cooking at my hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment